Friday, 17 July 2015

Travel Diaries: Day 2

We slept for the rest of the day after our 22 hours of flying and travelling, and woke up fresh and early the next day. We stayed at the Broadway Hotel, which was really nice. Initially I was a bit worried because it is a place with dorms, but it was a really great place.

I am pathetic when it comes to showers.
I need a shower that isn't just a trickle otherwise I get depressed.
Sad, but true. 

This place had a wonderful shower. That is all.

I grew a strange fondness for fire escapes on the trip, so here is my first fire escape selfie!

So, on our second day we took a train to Queens to go to Brickfest, which Brandt was obviously super excited for. 

It was obviously aimed at children, so it was perfect for us. 

Brandt literally ran down the stairs, he was so excited. 

Brickfest was at the NY Museum of Science which was also pretty cool. There was a huge sign that said "Hall of mirrors" so I grabbed my poor partner in crime and dragged him in there. Unfortunately it wasn't anything that you could get lost in, so my childish fantasies did not come true.

There was one or two mirrors that made us look seriously fat.
Needless to say, we didn't take photos in them. 

This is the part where my heart broke.

When we left the museum, there was a poor little bunny on the sidewalk.

Abandoned and alone... So we left a note next to him since he can't talk, and we hoped like hell that his family would come back for him. He almost got smuggled back into South Africa.

One of the coolest parts about Queens is the C-Town. Yes, it sounds retarded. Things in NYC are so expensive that it was such a relief to walk into a place where food was not thaaat pricey. We bought a really cheap beer that tasted absolutely awful. It's all part of the experience, right? :D

Following that, we climbed on the metro and headed to Times Square. 

What. An. Experience.

We stumbled upon Hard Rock Cafe and decided that we'd return for my birthday, but that didn't stop us from having a look around, getting emotional (okay just me) and taking lame photos with everything.

Here's a photo of me with my real dads' plaque. 

Toys r Us on Times Square was soooo cool. There was a massive Ferris wheel and lots of cool Minecraft figurines and and and...

The Hulk took a liking to me.

After that I think we just went back home and drank the awful beer. I actually can't quite remember to be honest, I am so tired.

Someone please tuck me in to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment